Please feel free to post any comments to the posts, it will make the blog alot more interesting.

Monday, September 22, 2014

Ash tray

I am in the middle of media blasting every single nut and bolt I have collected during the tear down for the upcoming electric zinc plating, and while I am at it I figured I could as well take all the part I can find. The price will be the same as I will not reach the minimum fee the plating company takes.



Right out of  the cab. The ash tray is actually not the original one as the former owner had lost it.


Slight surface rust. The black paint is some touch up someone have done over the year.


I guess the downer truck once was medow mist green.



After glass blasting. I have to talk with the plating company and ask if its possible to plate the small spring steels that hold the ashtray into place or if they will loos their spring stiffness in the process...


No comments:

Post a Comment