Please feel free to post any comments to the posts, it will make the blog alot more interesting.

Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Shift linkage repair

When I took the Shift linkage appart one of the small attaching T shaped thingies came of with a breeze, but the other one was stuck. Penetrating oil, time and heat didnt budge it. So I added more heat until I got it of, but the thread on the end broke beonde repair. So I hade to switch it out.

Above: the broken end next to the new replacement.

Above: mark, cut and grind

Above: Time for some welding. Forgot to take a picture of that.

Welded, annealed and grinded smooth

After a trip thru the media blaster, that is close enough. Time to ship all the small parts for zinc coating.

No comments:

Post a Comment