Please feel free to post any comments to the posts, it will make the blog alot more interesting.

Monday, March 1, 2021

Cowl vent seal modifications


Ok lets start this post by making sure that the above picture is NOT with an original aftermarket rubber seal. I got one from Dennis Carpenter and its been mounted and under pressure for a few months and STILL it didn´t came close to letting the vent align with the cab. It was almost 1/4 of an inch above the cab, in the front of the vent. So I decided to take it into my own hands and modify the seal itself.

Above is the seal seen from above. I took a carpet knife and only extended the knife blade enough to penetrate one of the rubber walls, as the seal is hollow. Then I cut it on the inner most ridges, all the way around. Opening up the seal as seen below.


Next cut is place as far down as you can, removing the inner wall of the double sided seal. But still leaving the mounting part of the seal. The part that mounts to the cab .




This created a seal that is a lot more flexible.






I am happy with this. Finally!!!




 

No comments:

Post a Comment