|This is what I started with.|
|Front axel, front fenders.|
|Hood and the rest removed.|
|Someone has been here not long ago, but the block paint is coming of in pieces,|
so I am looking forward to the "after" pic.
|The engine hoist lended me a hand to remove the rear farm bumber,|
Good to haver that extra weight when driving in snow.
|I could barley lift it by hand.|
|Rear fenders are off.|
|Under the bed. I have some straightening to to.|
|8 Bolts and 2 friend later. No bed, And NO it´s not standing on moving boxes,|
look under the rear axel.
|Interior, gas tank, steering column are out, and so are the doors|
|The wiring is just marked and attached to the cowl, until I will get started with the body work.|
It looks like the previous owner got the shoes on bakwards: autofundamentalsbrakes Look further down on the webpage at the title: "Servo Action, Self-Energizing Brakes".
|Springs completely removed.|
|After 1 Hours of work a friday night. Temporary Cab chassie.|
|Need to lower the frame so that the cab doesn´t hit the roof ,|
when we lift it.
|I am lucky to have friendly neighbours,|
|Lets hit the road!!! Nevermind the shity dryer in the background,|
Or remnants thereof.
|Oh shit what have I done, But the frame looks|
really good, nothing big to deal with so far.
|Lägg till bildtext|
|The temporary cab chassie will be worth its weight in gold1|
|Definetly need a new battery tray.|
|Lets start with tearing out the motor and trans.|
|Exhaust manifold and cross over pipe removed, as with carb and wiring.|
|Time to remove the gearbox. Picture of the gear selectors for memory later.|
|Gearbox and the radiator and radiator shroud out of the way.|
|Funny thing lower radiator hose pump side.|
|same hose but the radiator connection. Anyone see the difference?|
Should it be like this?
|Radiator U support. Some previous . has been productive.|
Removing the x support braces, important part to keep the front
sheet metal steady.
|The front bumper has been sitting like this science I bought is in 2006.|
When stumbling ower a couple of stock OEM front bumper towing hooks
"BAAA-18245-A" The seller pointed out the obvious. The bumper is
Jesus so obvious, but I had totaly missed it . I thaught it looked funny but...
|This is how it should look like|
|Same but from the top.|
|Right rear engine mount! I wounder if this has ever been cleaned and/or replaced science -56?|
|Left one. Same thing. It took a while to remove the grim with a flat screw driver,|
to find the old nut.
|Time for the big lift. If putting an engine into a frame/car/truck is called a marriage,|
then this must be a divorce. Right, atleast for a while.
|Here it comes without any problems.|
|Time to remove the bellcover.|
|That was way to easy. When am I about too stumble upon mr Murphy??|
|Here he is!! I thaught so. I realized I didn´t have a tool to lock the flywheel from rotating,|
So what do you do? This is not pretty or nice but it worked out really good. I put in one of the screws for the bell housing and then took a strap for securing trailerloads and straped that sround the flywheel, centreing the hooks over the screw. Functional but certainly not pretty
|There it goes!!! almost almost done with the tear down, just a few details down the road to have a bare frame.|
Now the fun stuff begins.
|Rear emergency brake cable braket. (for memory)|
|Emergency brake cable braket and rear brake hose frame to axel braket.|
|Master cylinder location.|
|Old master cylinder and braket assembly (as memory)|
|Rear crossmember under Cab. Cab has never been off. Years of collected dirt!|
|Bare frame!!! HALLELULJA MOMENT!!! Time for refurbishing and rebuilding.|
But that´s another chapter.