Please feel free to post any comments to the posts, it will make the blog alot more interesting.

Sunday, December 2, 2018

Mounting the 1st layer


Time to start getting the first sound deadening layer in place. I like to get things tidy so lets see how long tie it will take to get the whole cab done with the first layer.


This is time consuming but fun, Especially when its quite cold in the garage and i need to have the heater on and heat all individual sheets before applying them, to get them to stick thoroughly. Using a roller to press the sheets in place and cleaning the sheet metal in advance will leave a great result.





Backwall and roof almost done, a few minor trim pieces at the sides remains, but I save them for later when I get some leftover sheets in appropriate sizes. This way one can safe quite alot of material.


Starting out with the floor and fill in all the low spots


The covering the rest, except mounting spots for bench seat.



Time for the cowl...



And when I was in that area I started tapping the Dash panels and noticed they had quite a lot of vibration in them, sooooo I hade a bunch of leftover material that I could use.



Above the roof is all done and below there are some pictures on the rest of the cab all done with the first layer. It only took me about 24 hours!!! OMG I am glad I haven´t kept track on all my hours from start.....that would be depressing ;-)





No comments:

Post a Comment