Please feel free to post any comments to the posts, it will make the blog alot more interesting.

Tuesday, December 4, 2018

Cowl electrical wiring clips

This is a second story about the power of facebook and www. About 3 years ago when i disassembled the truck, I tried to get these cable clips loose from the front top of the cowl. No matter how gentle I was the cracked. So I figured pretty much everything else is re-manufactured for these trucks. Bt apparently not these. Then I put out some questions on forums and facebook but came up empty handed. No one hade even seen these kind of clips.....


Everyone stated the clips should look like this (Below) and that the wiring loom should be hanging upside down on the cowl, as these clips is meant to be mounted upside down on the underside of the cowl edge. So I bought a couple of these clips, accepting every ones opinion, but It feelt wrong as they stock one didn´t look like these.



Then a couple of days ago (About 3 years later) I got a nootification on facebook that a Gary Koontz had replied to one of my threads. I went oin and looked and it took a few seconds until I realised the thread was about 3 years old. He asked me if I had found a set of these clips? It all turned out that he had quite a few of them restored to mint as new condition, and that I could buy a set from him. He made me a really good deal on 8 pcs (onlt needed 4, but got 4 as spares). He even sent them before I had the opportunity to pay him!! I just love the fact that there still exists some kind of trust in the world. A BIG Thank you to Gary Koontz. Looking forward to the envelope ;-)



No comments:

Post a Comment