Please feel free to post any comments to the posts, it will make the blog alot more interesting.

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Front axle media blasting


All front axle parts media after media blast, except tie rod, witch I intend to replace with a heavy duty one because of the power steering box, and the front I beam as I intend to send it of to the guy who also will media blast the frame. The I beam didn´t quite fit the blasting cabinet.

Hubs turned out nice, Just wainting for the paint prep and paint.

Draglink has new internal parts wainting for it and the left spindle needs a new ball stud, but the kingpin bushings and king pins actually turned out factory spec??? I wounder if someone have been here before me?? Bushings .858" and pins to .856" with a slide caliper. Factory spec says 0.8595 and 0.8575..... ??
I have ordered a king pins set but I will have the stock ones measured with a micrometer before decideing if I am going to change them or not.


Front axle lower damper mount to the right and spring plate to rubber acorn, before media blast

After media blast.

No comments:

Post a Comment