When I ordered the new rear axle I was given a set of free spring perches, however I forgot to tell them what width i needed, so I got a 2.5" wide set and my rear leafs are only 2". This meant that the U-bolt couldn´t fit over these perches.
So I simply marked up how much that needed to be cut away and went at it.
|Cutting done, fitting them together with a magnet.|
After some welding the looked like this, see below. I am no professional welder and only has a small 130 Amp MIG welder so I have to cut some corners and make some pre work to get a full burn thru. Not the prettiest welds but they will hold things together.
After some grinding and a trip thru the media blast box they look like this.
And finally I took them to work and used the coffe breake to make the 16.5 mm hole.
Now we have a small progress. Next step is to make the lower damper and spring bracket fit the wider axle tube. More to come.....